Can I use frozen demi glace as a direct replacement for stock in a braising dish?

I have a few tubs of D'artagnan frozen demi glace. I don't have time to make my own stock for a braised short rib dish, so can I use the frozen demi as a direct replacement for the stock in the recipe? Or should I add water to the demi?

asked by Josh Riggs almost 7 years ago

ChefSuz

Add some water to the Demi. It's essentially the same thing once you add a little water.

bigpan

Yes you can - add some to some beef or chicken broth. Taste. The Demi is strong so better to keep adding a little bit at a time until you get the taste you want.