🔕 🔔

how can you make gluten free pasta softer? mine always turn out hard and dry...

asked by pulliam almost 6 years ago

27e464b9 6273 420b 9546 d6ed6ae12929  anita date
Anitalectric

Anita is a vegan pastry chef & founder of Electric Blue Baking Co. in Brooklyn.

What, specifically, is the pasta made of? Rice? Corn? A blend of flours?

This will help to answer your question.

it was made with a blend of sweet rice flour, white rice flour and almond meal.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

I have had the opposite problem -- they get too soft and fall apart. And on the other hand, the Asian rice vermicelli I have has a lot of 'bounce.' The best results I've had are from Quinoa Pagodas.
Do you have hard water? That could make a difference. See if the pasta you use comes from a company with a phone contact or web link so you could ask them (and let us know).

I just read your answer -- are you making the pasta?

I re-read my post and realize I didn't articulate well! yep, I'm making it from scratch :)

This is the best gf pasta recipe I've found. It's easy and we make it at least every other week. Not sticky or too hard. http://www.bobsredmill...