🔕 🔔

I bought some butternut squash 2 months ago (i still have it) and I read it can keep for 5+ months. Is this true?

asked by MST almost 6 years ago

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Yes, they keep a really long time! Same goes for pretty much any hard winter squash. Not sure about the 5 months, though - maybe in a very cool, dry environment, like a root cellar.

I agree, I've been able to keep mine for a long time too with n o problem.

E0cc9d5c 6544 49fb b0e4 5c150d9ac0f7  imag0055

5+ for sure, with emphasis on the plus. They keep easily into spring for me. A root cellar, which ideally should be cool and humid, is not the place, however. I keep mine in an unused bedroom, where it is cool and dry. They sit next to the onions, which like the same climate. Go upstairs, not down!