🔕 🔔

What is a good makeshift way to roll out dough?

I'm at my parents and I don't have my pastry cloth to roll out some pie crust. Plus the counter tips have seen better days.

asked by SXNW almost 6 years ago

07ee6775 4f67 4ff5 aa78 ae7249feebc7  image003

Some options, none of which are perfect, would be: a non-terrycloth kitchen towel, parchment paper, wax paper, a brown paper bag. Also, you might use a cutting board or stacked newspapers to support underneath if the counters are bad. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Try putting it on a floured flat cutting board and using plastic cling wrap on top

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

or roll it out on something flat, like a cookie sheet? when you find a good, flat surface, use two sheets of plastic wrap to roll out your dough.