🔕 🔔

Need a good Oyster Dressing recipe for Christmas Dinner with the inlaws!

My father in law has requested oyster dressing. Anyone make this as a side and have a recipe recommendation? I've never had nor made it...but I've promised to bring it for him anyway.

asked by Hilarybee almost 6 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

You might try Paul Prudhomme, if Cajun flavors would work. I had his oyster dressing in a turducken I made with my family and remember liking it -- but there were lots of other, um, confounding stuffings and birds. For non-Cajun flavors, I think MrsWheelbarrow mentioned putting oysters in her "What We Call Stuffing" recipe on FOOD52 as a variation. Good luck!

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Here's one from The Pioneer Woman's blog that doesn't have cajun seasoning:
http://thepioneerwoman...

And here's one from Emeril Lagasse that does:
http://www.foodnetwork...
(per the comments, watch the amount of liquid.)

There is a great and easy one in Bon Appetit magazine. Should be able to find the recipe online at their site.