🔕 🔔

My ? is for "ANN SERANNE'S RIB ROAST" recipe---my roast is 13.5 lbs/6 ribs---would 2 hours be enough time or should I extend it?? Thanks :)

asked by bamcnamara almost 6 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Actually, your best bet is probably to cut the rack in half and roast them at the same time, following the timing in the chart for 3 ribs. Otherwise the big rack may not cook evenly. Check out this thread for more info: http://www.food52.com/hotline...

Ff4cd9f0 157d 4005 91d8 86ed521de349  img00020 20100410 1015

OK! Can I put them in the same oven? I was going to cook both in my smaller single oven (Dacour)! Thank you for any imput---my butcher is instisting 20 min per lb for medium rare but I'd like to use Anne's recipe.

Yes, as long as they have some room to breathe! If you have a big enough roasting pan not to crowd them, you may even be able to roast them in the same pan.