🔕 🔔

My ? is for "ANN SERANNE'S RIB ROAST" recipe---my roast is 13.5 lbs/6 ribs---would 2 hours be enough time or should I extend it?? Thanks :)

asked by bamcnamara over 6 years ago

Actually, your best bet is probably to cut the rack in half and roast them at the same time, following the timing in the chart for 3 ribs. Otherwise the big rack may not cook evenly. Check out this thread for more info: http://www.food52.com/hotline...

bamcnamara

OK! Can I put them in the same oven? I was going to cook both in my smaller single oven (Dacour)! Thank you for any imput---my butcher is instisting 20 min per lb for medium rare but I'd like to use Anne's recipe.

Yes, as long as they have some room to breathe! If you have a big enough roasting pan not to crowd them, you may even be able to roast them in the same pan.