I am thinking about making a dessert that calls for baking in ramekins @ 450 degrees. Can I use my Johnson Bros. ironstone coffee cups at that temperature?

asked by marymichael about 8 years ago

Queen of Spoons

I'm not familiar with that particular dinnerware. Check the manufacturers website for whether it is considered a stoneware product.

In terms of pottery, 'stoneware' is high fire clay and glaze and should be fine at that high a temperature (although not, of course) on a stove top. Earthenware is a lower fired product and I would not recommend that temp.

Mr_Vittles

It should be fine. I have used my coffee mugs in the oven plenty of times, from french onion soup to reheating chili. And mine are cheapies from Walmart.

I think you can. Does it say on the bottom of the cups?

spiffypaws

If the cups are oven safe, absolutely.