🔕 🔔

I am thinking about making a dessert that calls for baking in ramekins @ 450 degrees. Can I use my Johnson Bros. ironstone coffee cups at that temperature?

asked by marymichael about 7 years ago

Aa0aef2d aae3 438c a22e 1340af35ed29  face hat underpainting 1

I'm not familiar with that particular dinnerware. Check the manufacturers website for whether it is considered a stoneware product.

In terms of pottery, 'stoneware' is high fire clay and glaze and should be fine at that high a temperature (although not, of course) on a stove top. Earthenware is a lower fired product and I would not recommend that temp.

2b00435b fe24 44bb afe2 ad3364f28f79  1390710 10151917400148928 1193325941 n 1

It should be fine. I have used my coffee mugs in the oven plenty of times, from french onion soup to reheating chili. And mine are cheapies from Walmart.

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

I think you can. Does it say on the bottom of the cups?

If the cups are oven safe, absolutely.