🔕 🔔

At what internal temperature should you remove a standing rib roast for medium rare? Is it the same for a tenderloin? (Please read on.)

And what about medium rare that's closer to "medium" than "rare"? Thanks so much, everyone. ;o)

asked almost 6 years ago

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

If you do a search on the site for "medium rare", Hotline question, you will come across many responses and answers from past hotline questions regarding the same question..

140

I think 140 might take you right to a medium center/med well ends. We followed the Pioneer Womans method and started the roast at 500 for 30 minutes, then put in the meat thermometer and reduced the heat to 300F and roasted it until it the internal temp registered 130, It rested for 25 minutes (in our cold house) and got to a temp of 137 which is on the rare side of medium rare; the center slice (of a 7.5lb rib roast) was too rare for me but the end pieces still had large pink centers. I like it medium rare on the medium side, like you, and would probably roast it to abour 134 next time so resting it would rise to about 140-142..which would be perfect for me.