🔕 🔔

What is the Best temperature to roast a 5 lbs chicken?

asked by kstrong almost 6 years ago

325 degrees

4421619e f544 4703 9273 6e95dc123a79  black picture small

there are so many ways to roast a chicken, I agree with both above....some swear by lower heat like 325 for tender moist meat; others swear by starting high for a crisper, browner skin and shortening the cooking time and then lowering the heat....best way to tell is to do 2 side by side (hopefully you have 2 ovens!) and see for yourself...and there are so many variations in between. Same way with beef, turkey etc. I was told by a woman in the line waiting to pick up our holiday meat this weekend...she swears by cooking her Beef Prime Rib Roast at 500 degrees for 5 minutes/per lb.....then don't open the oven for another 1 1/2 hours...she says it comes out perfectly rare every time....

50083566 de54 485c b3ef 36dc396a0c27  thewire

I followed this recipe for my Christmas chicken, and it turned out great!
http://www.foodnetwork...