Amanda's peach tart

I believe this may have been asked before, but I am having trouble getting to the recipe: If I substitute either pears or apples for the peaches in the tart, should I saute the fruit first? bake it for longer? If I should bake it longer than called for, how much longer?

asked by ATG117 almost 7 years ago

I made it with pears and I didn't saute the fruit first. It may have taken a little longer, but only 5 minutes or so. My pears were really soft. I'd probably saute apples first if I were going to make it with apples.

Here's the link -- please let me know if it works: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

gingerroot

I've also made it with pears, three different times (varying stages of ripeness) and have always just followed the original directions, including Amanda's note about an extra T of flour for riper fruit. The only changes I've made were with the spices - I've added ground cardamom and ginger...Delicious!

ATG117

Thanks all, and thanks Amanda for the link. It worked, but I've been getting the chocolate baguette a lot lately. I think I am going to go for the pears, though I have frozen blueberries so considering that too.

Yes, too many chocolate baguettes all around. It's a bug and we're working on it but it's like whack-a-mole.

ATG117

Understandable. Thanks again!