🔕 🔔

Amanda's peach tart

I believe this may have been asked before, but I am having trouble getting to the recipe: If I substitute either pears or apples for the peaches in the tart, should I saute the fruit first? bake it for longer? If I should bake it longer than called for, how much longer?

asked by ATG117 almost 6 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I made it with pears and I didn't saute the fruit first. It may have taken a little longer, but only 5 minutes or so. My pears were really soft. I'd probably saute apples first if I were going to make it with apples.

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Here's the link -- please let me know if it works: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Ec89bac4 d90d 46fb a336 04afd14d1e80  img 1958

I've also made it with pears, three different times (varying stages of ripeness) and have always just followed the original directions, including Amanda's note about an extra T of flour for riper fruit. The only changes I've made were with the spices - I've added ground cardamom and ginger...Delicious!

Thanks all, and thanks Amanda for the link. It worked, but I've been getting the chocolate baguette a lot lately. I think I am going to go for the pears, though I have frozen blueberries so considering that too.

Yes, too many chocolate baguettes all around. It's a bug and we're working on it but it's like whack-a-mole.

Understandable. Thanks again!