Hot weather dinner

I'm having family this weekend, and need to have 3 squares on Saturday. I've got breakfast and lunch, but want to bake Amanda's squash gratin for dinner w/ a peach tart. What else would be great w/ this?

asked by LLStone about 6 years ago

LLStone

One more thing - I am allergic to beef / pork / lamb - I think it's from a tick bite (google it), but for now, the mains need to be fish or fowl. Another hurdle.

A salad of course - fresh greens and cucumbers, tomatoes or whatever you like in salads. And Blue Kale Road's strawberry vinaigrette dressing.

Makes 1 1/2 cups

2 1/2 cups strawberries, sliced
4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon agave syrup
1 tablespoon canola oil
A pinch of kosher salt
Puree all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Store vinaigrette in a jar in the fridge for up to one week.

JanetFL

Grilled chicken breasts would be wonderful with your squash gratin side, SKK's suggested salad, and the peach tart for dessert......and it satisfies your allergy problem!

LLStone

Thanks you guys! I think I've got a menu that includes salad w/ strawberry vinaigrette and chicken shish-ka-bobs. :)

JanetFL

Sounds delicious!