Hot weather dinner

I'm having family this weekend, and need to have 3 squares on Saturday. I've got breakfast and lunch, but want to bake Amanda's squash gratin for dinner w/ a peach tart. What else would be great w/ this?

• Posted by: LLStone
  • July 24, 2012

LLStone
LLStone July 24, 2012

One more thing - I am allergic to beef / pork / lamb - I think it's from a tick bite (google it), but for now, the mains need to be fish or fowl. Another hurdle.

SKK July 25, 2012

A salad of course - fresh greens and cucumbers, tomatoes or whatever you like in salads. And Blue Kale Road's strawberry vinaigrette dressing.

Makes 1 1/2 cups

2 1/2 cups strawberries, sliced
4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon agave syrup
1 tablespoon canola oil
A pinch of kosher salt
Puree all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Store vinaigrette in a jar in the fridge for up to one week.

JanetFL
JanetFL July 25, 2012

Grilled chicken breasts would be wonderful with your squash gratin side, SKK's suggested salad, and the peach tart for dessert......and it satisfies your allergy problem!

LLStone
LLStone July 25, 2012

Thanks you guys! I think I've got a menu that includes salad w/ strawberry vinaigrette and chicken shish-ka-bobs. :)

JanetFL
JanetFL July 26, 2012

Sounds delicious!