🔕 🔔

Prepping Mashed Potatoes

I'm prepping for some mashed potatoes tonight. Can i cut up the potatoes, put them in the pot with water and let them sit a couple hours before cooking them? Don't want them to absorb too much water. Thanks!

asked by Emilyb over 5 years ago

They should be fine. I typically drain the water and add fresh and salt before cooking though. When coked, drain and return to heat to dry before ricing them.

Thanks! You guys rock!

Wholefoods user icon

The best way I have found is to cook the potatoes whole, not cut. it takeas a bit longer to boil them, but the skin helps keep them from water logging.