I need to peel and cook 10 pounds of potatoes for mashed potatoes. Can I peel them and hold them in water until tomorrow? Should I salt the water?

asked by Lynda Carver almost 3 years ago

Kenzi Wilbur

Yes, of course! No salt required. They'll hold just fine.

Caroline Sloat

Just be sure that they are all submerged in the water.

Ali Slagle

Ina Garten also isn't afraid to make mashed potatoes the day before. Here is how she does it (with another suggestion in the comments section): https://food52.com/blog...

Cav
Cav

If you're feeling up to it, you can simply boil the potatoes in their skins. When you want to mash them, the skins slip off easy as anything and the spuds taste more spuddy for it. Knocks a task off the list and you don't have to worry about storage space for them, or how to store.