🔕 🔔

Ideas of what to do with leftover sauce from Osso Bucco

Made Osso Bucco for dinner last night, http://bit.ly/v2hGJY.
Have a lot of sauce leftover. It is delicious and don't want to waste it.
Any ideas for using up the sauce.
I am thinking Eggs in Purgatory...

asked by Lucia from Madison almost 6 years ago

Use it as a pasta sauce or mix with browned ground beef or veal, add peas or whatever you like, top with mashed potatoes and bake, for a sort of shepherds pie.

Eggs in purgatory sounds delicious you could also make a risotto and use it as part of the liquid it would be a good side dish with steak

Eggs in Purgatory is my signature dish (and also the name of my blog) so yeah, go with it. But serving the sauce directly over pasta with no other ingredients except perhaps grated parmigiano also sounds good. The bone marrow really adds richness and flavor.

27deb974 3b33 4f19 b966 dc79321a31b1  photo for web

Great suggestions. I used some of it for sauce for some beef and quinoa meatballs I made, http://www.wholefoodsmarket.... My husband tasted them and liked them, I have yet to tell him about the quinoa!
I will probably use the rest for the Eggs in Purgatory. I love egg poached in tomato sauce!
Thanks for all the great ideas!

281ae33b 7151 464a af77 f6d6444c9c7d  img 20151007 213502

Sounds incredibly delicious. We also eat the leftover sauce with plain, or butternut squash risotto. Really good!