I've never had any difficulty. Use a non-stick pan and butter it well.

Shalini

It turns out of the bundt pan fairly well. Plus if you cover the top with icing it doesn't matter if there are any craggy bits!

Great point, Shalini! I've never made it in a bundt pan but glad others have had success with it. It's a pretty solid and cooperative cake so I'm not surprised it works. And definitely use the icing to cover up any rough patches. Good luck!

ATG117

Thanks all!

Shuna Lydon
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

I always butter, freeze, butter & then flour bundt pans. Depending on how deep/intricate the decoration of the bundt, many cakes have issues being turned out. Also a good bundt pan should be heavy! The heavier it is the more reliable the heat distribution and therefore the consistency of the baking of the batter.

I like to turn bundt cakes out between 15-20 minutes after they've come out of the oven. I use a towel to hold the pan and I press on the edges to gently 'pull them away" from the edge a bit. I know it sounds dangerous but I will also gently insert a baby offset spatula in between the cake and the pan to insure all the nooks & crannies come out.