🔕 🔔

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I've never had any difficulty. Use a non-stick pan and butter it well.

B69629aa 5e0e 481d 8b22 486380fe9436  img 20180103 091233 972

It turns out of the bundt pan fairly well. Plus if you cover the top with icing it doesn't matter if there are any craggy bits!

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Great point, Shalini! I've never made it in a bundt pan but glad others have had success with it. It's a pretty solid and cooperative cake so I'm not surprised it works. And definitely use the icing to cover up any rough patches. Good luck!

Thanks all!

6cb49ef7 38b5 4eb6 aae4 04078f60ca73  how to make a custard part 1
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

I always butter, freeze, butter & then flour bundt pans. Depending on how deep/intricate the decoration of the bundt, many cakes have issues being turned out. Also a good bundt pan should be heavy! The heavier it is the more reliable the heat distribution and therefore the consistency of the baking of the batter.

I like to turn bundt cakes out between 15-20 minutes after they've come out of the oven. I use a towel to hold the pan and I press on the edges to gently 'pull them away" from the edge a bit. I know it sounds dangerous but I will also gently insert a baby offset spatula in between the cake and the pan to insure all the nooks & crannies come out.