🔕 🔔

I was just given a Cuisenart Slo Cooker. Is there a way to produce good food in such a device besides stews and maybe soups? Thanks!

asked by Annandbob over 5 years ago

Yes - I'm sure there are many other uses but I use mine for pulled pork, preparing ribs prior to grilling, meatball appetizers, and coq au vin.

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Try this: http://food52.com/recipes...

3162c11b e070 4795 95d1 fd9492a6b582  lulusleep

Slow cooked ragu is great. I make duck ragu in mine often. I use it to cook osso bucco, short ribs, pot roast and beef cheeks as well.

I was just told about two great sites.
Www.williams-Sonoma.com and search slow cooker, tons of great recipes. I just made the cassoulet. It was amazing!
Www.tastykitchen.com and search slow cooker. Lots of good choices.

0e5c2b73 3f18 46e4 95c9 cbc8af359f65  sadie crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

You can use it to cook fruit butters, if you're a canner. Here's one resource: http://easteuropeanfood...

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

You can use it as a bean cooker, starting with dried beans. Soak and cook the beans in the pot, add sauce ingredients when the beans are ready. (Look for a recipe for specifics.)
Make mulled apple cider or cranberry juice -- add the liquids and the spices, let it steep while it heats. To my taste it's so sweet no sugar is needed.