🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Italian Style Boule

20e90261 08b9 4f46 a6e2 2519858dc3a4  img 4188

I have a question about step 8 on the recipe "Italian Style Boule" from boulangere. It says:

"This part goes fast: just before you put the bread in the oven, pour the hot water into the skillet if you have one, and carefully set it on the oven floor. Slash the bread diagonally 3 or 4 times with a serrated knife held at an acute angle. Get the bread into the oven. Set a timer for 15 minutes. Don’t open the oven until it goes off. Then, re-set the timer, open the oven and quickly rotate the bread 180 degrees. The bread is done when it reaches an internal temperature of between 200 to 205 degrees. A boule will take about 5 minutes longer than a baguette shape.
After the timer goes off and you rotate the bread you say to reset the timer, for how long? I assume another 15 minutes but I could be wrong.

Your intuition is perfect! Yes, another 15. I'll clarify that in the recipe. Thanks for pointing it out!

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Thanks, autolyse is done kneading for 5 minutes. Then proofing again.