Take-and-bake bread

I accidentally bought a take and bake loaf of Italian bread to make oven baked garlic bread. Do I bake it off first and then proceed with the recipe? Thanks!!

asked by Leigh 5 months ago

Leigh

Anyone????? Anyone????? Bueller? Bueller? LOL

If the recipe calls for a loaf of Italian bread, already baked (which I assume it does), then yes, bake it and then proceed. Remember though that the second step of baking won't take as long, because the bread will be warm -- if you don't cool it thoroughly, first. The bread will cut better if you cool it a bit. ;o)

Various grocery chains (Kroger et al) have online instructions for their take and bake bread.
May be helpful to you.