A question about a recipe: Pear Almond Muffins

7921ec86 71cf 4708 8aba dd9bc0a5205a  3985561805 9495990999

I have a question about the recipe "Pear Almond Muffins" from Savour.
These muffins just didn't hold their shape......they were more like a bread pudding. The house is bone dry so not a humidity problem as was suggested to another cook who had the same problem. Since we are not gluten intolerant, I may try these with a cup of wheat flour as a substitute for one cup of the almond meal thus mixing the two 2:1. Any thoughts on this?

asked by marie stanger almost 7 years ago

skittle

Is there a possibility you missed adding an ingredient?

marie stanger

Thank you for the reply. I reviewed everything and I don't see that I missed any ingredient. I did substitute the whole milk ricotta for part -skim but I don't think that it would have made that dramatic a difference. Perhaps a firmer pear such as a Bosc would have helped somewhat.