🔕 🔔

I curdled my mayonnaise

asked by Lisa McClintock almost 6 years ago

maw

Beat an egg yolk separately and add it to the may one drop at a time while beating the may until smooth. Or boil a tablespoon of water and add just enough to get desired consistency while beating the mayo. Good luck

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

I'd do the opposite with the egg yolk. Whisk it, then slowly add the curdled mayo until you have a consistency you like.

1e78f34c 0999 4079 bd2c c519a9101b4a  stringio

The prior answers have no real accuracy to them, sadly your best bet is scraping it and starting over

That could work too. It is possible to save a mayonnaise, but sometimes it's better to admit defeat and move on.

I had the same problem a few times, but learned after watching a Martha Stewart video that you can save it. It usually occurs because you either added the oil too fast, or too much oil. It said the start at the beginning again with the yolks or whole eggs, add lemon juice (or vinegar), a little salt, sugar, yellow ground mustard powder, and then VERY SLOWLY add this to the new egg mixture. It will slowly thicken up, then add a little extra oil (about half called for in the recipe) and SLOWLY add that. I tried it, it worked, and I am happy that I didn't have to throw it all out!

8bbce907 3b5e 4c8c be5c c64e6c780d63  birthday 2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

It's so sad when mayo curdles. I've had luck with the rescue operations described above. Even if you have to throw it out and start over, the finished product is magnificent and it's worth it.