🔕 🔔

What kind of peanut butter is best to use? I've heard bakers have difficulty when using natural peanut butter.

E6fc1e0f d67e 4350 b0e7 7ab47dd18aa2  pbplate

I have a question about the recipe "Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars" from simplycooking101.

asked by VassyBamba over 5 years ago

I did not look at the recipe, but generally it's recommended not to use the healthy stuff. It's a texture thing. I'd go with a smooth PB like Skippy, especially for a cheesecake. That's usually my go-to for baking, even though I use the freshly ground for everything else.

31111a4b 36dc 4c5c a454 850e81c04a2f  browniesliceside

I just use the regular smooth peanut butter, like Skippy. I tried making my own once and it was not the same at all.