🔕 🔔

What can I substitute for sesame oil?

asked by cbusmama almost 6 years ago

More importantly what is the dish where you need to make the substitution?

E6f5e079 1551 4472 bc70 dcc35a71edc2  110

You should be able to do the infusion if you have sesame seeds and a neutral oil, or peanut oil. Measure the amount of oil you'll need, and use about one fourth that much of the seeds. Let it sit a few hours and then strain. Your kitchen will smell wonderful.

Well, if it's January 11th, this must be my 22nd oops of the new year. Of course, you want to cook the whole thing, just as Chef KC mentioned. I'd start toasting the seeds in a dry pan, medium low heat, then add the oil once the seeds start to take on color. Cook for another ten minutes or so, but don't let the seeds turn black.