Goat cheese substitute - for some reason I can stomach goat cheese. Is there a good recipe substitute?

asked by coralwisp over 6 years ago

My sister cannot tolerate goat cheese. She can smell it if it is in the house. You can substitute and cheese with the same texture i.e. cream cheese, marscapone, farmer's cheese, cottage cheese.

KimW

For something creamy I use mascarpone as a sub. But for crumbles I prefer feta.

Hilarybee

I generally go with cream cheese or mascarpone as a sub for goat cheese. Greek yogurt could also work, if you drain out the excess water-- especially if this is a baking recipe.

Feta cheese works well. Doesn't have the same melting/texture profile. But very good.

Cream cheese mixed with a bit of "Cavander's Greek Seasoning" is probably much closer.