🔕 🔔

Goat cheese substitute - for some reason I can stomach goat cheese. Is there a good recipe substitute?

asked by coralwisp almost 6 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

My sister cannot tolerate goat cheese. She can smell it if it is in the house. You can substitute and cheese with the same texture i.e. cream cheese, marscapone, farmer's cheese, cottage cheese.

For something creamy I use mascarpone as a sub. But for crumbles I prefer feta.

67da29df 0253 44dd 98a1 250b49e519a4  hilary sp1

I generally go with cream cheese or mascarpone as a sub for goat cheese. Greek yogurt could also work, if you drain out the excess water-- especially if this is a baking recipe.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Feta cheese works well. Doesn't have the same melting/texture profile. But very good.

Cream cheese mixed with a bit of "Cavander's Greek Seasoning" is probably much closer.