Goat Cheese is not a fave of mine what can I use as a sub in any recipe, I love all cheeses just don't care for goat cheese. Thanks

Usually avoid recipes calling for it.

asked by Picholine about 3 years ago

SilverSage

My first thoughts would be Boursin or feta. There are others, but these are 2 that are readily available in most supermarkets.

Boursin is a cow's milk cheese that has a similar tang.

Feta is is usually a mixture of sheep & goat, so the 'goatiness' is mellowed by the sheep's milk.

If you're adventurous, try subbing any cheese(s) you really like in recipes that call for goat cheese. Do this with small portions in case you hit a dud combination. But/and repeat the ones you like best.
And 2 general guidelines:
Instead of simpler, softer, creamier goat cheeses, try something like mascarpone or cream cheese.
Instead of drier, aged, more complex goat cheeses, try something like ricotta salata, Parmesan, or Pecorino, even a blue cheese, if you like them.