🔕 🔔

What's the contest you're dying to enter?

I think this may have come up as a topic before, but I think it's fun! And, of course, what's the contest you just know you'd win?

asked by JessicaBakes almost 6 years ago

62da2e3c 5d4a 4c43 a2ed feb7f39ad363  with ab

I'll start. I want healthy/renovated comfort foods

i'd love to enter the "your best pasta sauce/condiment" contest.

and i'd love to stalk the submissions to your healthy/renovated comfort food idea!

Be53e5fa f5fe 4601 8d5e 7d9c096a5aed  nog
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

In the spirit of the season: Your Best Super Bowl Food (apologies if it's already been done). I also really like the idea of Your Best Condiment. Your Best Wonton/Dumpling would be fun....hmmmm....let's see, what else? Your Best Marinade. Your Best Recipe with Coffee. Your Best Recipe with Tofu that ins't Incredibly Boring!

E6f5e079 1551 4472 bc70 dcc35a71edc2  110

Kid's lunch, definitely.

Fc6a53ec b276 48a4 be9b bc69e85a9c0f  dsc00731

Your Best 5-Ingredient Fix. Has it been done before?

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Two possibilities (although I am not interested in dying for them). 1. Raw food - the contest was done awhile ago and I loved it. Haven't mastered looking up past contests so can't remember the groundrules. 2. I don't believe we have done anything with a dehydrator - crackers, fruit, jerkey, gells - no limit to what is possible. I would love to both enter and learn from other entries on dehydrator recipes.

Just read your last line in the question - I don't know the contest that I would 'just know I would win'. I am more a 'hope I will win but it is fun playing the game and learning' kind of cook. There is a lot of talent on this site.

Best side for roast lamb leg or fish I have a recipe that covers both. I need to dust it off, haven't made it in awhile.

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

Game birds / game would be fun! And I think a chili cook-off! I don't THINK there has been one before?

32fb3935 151a 4db2 ac26 980d4c0d5cea  lorigoldsby

Love game birds!

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

Your best Winter Salad. Your Best Summer Salad. Or just, Your Best Salad.

Nose to Tail, Round Two. Still smarting from losing as a finalist in Round One. Bring on tongue, bring on hog maw, pig ears, sweetbreads. Tacos should be disallowed unless they contain one of the above.