What is the best way to reheat a beef brisket without a microwave?

4998b4f0 a494 4827 a759 e1a153e38689  photo

My boyfriend's parents sent us a beef brisket from his favorite barbecue place in Texas. It was already cooked, but it came with instructions to reheat at 250 degrees until the internal temp is 165. I did that initially, but obviously, we have a ton of leftovers. I am afraid to reheat it that way every time, since by the final pieces it might be really dried out, but I'm not sure what my best option is. I just don't want to slowly ruin it, cause it's awesome.

asked by PeachyCallahan over 6 years ago

jmburns

Wrap it foil and put in a little moisture to reheat in the oven. Also just cut off a serving ether reheat the whole brisket. It should freeze well if it is wrapped.

If you're just using a small amount each time. Use a steamer basket and let boil...reduce the heat to simmer and put in the brisket slices. If you haven't frozen it yet...divide into freezer pouches for a couple of serving each.
If it's BBQ jmburns suggestion is good---tho I'd ad a bit of BBQ sauce to the packet. Or use boil bags to freeze portions with a bit of BBQ sauce and defrost in simmering water.

I wouldn't freeze it multiple time---defrosting and refreezing each time; that will really mess up the texture.

jmburns

I agree that it should be portioned not frozen / defrosted multiple times. I should have more clear on that point. Steaming is fine I would be careful about steaming it to the point of changing the texture of the meat. By the way where is the brisket from.?

PeachyCallahan

Thanks for the help! The brisket is from Cooper's in Llano. It's pretty amazing.

PeachyCallahan

bigpan

My butcher always told me to steam it. Works just fine.