🔕 🔔

How can I make crepes out of pancake mix? Or is it better to make the batter from scratch?

asked by Ashley,Emerson about 5 years ago

Make the batter from scratch. Pancake mix has chemical leaveners (like baking powder) that make the batter puff when it's cooked, so you'll never get a thin crepe if you use it..

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

Crepe batter is one of those deceptively simple things to make - very few, handy - ingredients, either whisked together or whirred in the blender. So why not do the real thing? I usually use Julia Child's master crepe recipe (for dessert crepes, I add a very small amount of sugar.) Here it is online: http://gratineeblog.com...

Just looked further on the thread, and saw this urgent matter has already been addressed. Woops! Boy, that edit button would come in handy.