FIRST LOOK AT AMANDA AND MERRILL'S NEW COOKBOOK! PRE-ORDER YOUR SIGNED COPY »
🔕 🔔

Are you baking it in a water bath? That will certainly solve your problem. It slows down the cooking time so that the center gets done at the same time as the rest. Set your pan in a rimmed baking sheet. Bring some water to a boil. Set the baking sheet in the oven with the front edge hanging out a couple of inches (no more!). Carefully pour the hot water into the baking sheet until it is nearly at the lip. Slide the sheet the rest of the way into the oven. When your cheesecake is done, you should be able to bump the side, and it will "jiggle like jello, not wiggle like a wave." Lift the cheesecake out of the baking sheet and set it to cool. Turn off the oven, leave the door ajar, and wait until the water has cooled enough that you can safely transport it to the sink. I hope this helps you.

Sorry! Didn't know Mollie Katzen was answering at the same time!

Bdff537c a03b 4a75 ac34 1e9361393008  dinnerlist shareyourfood 2

I'd say the temp on the oven may be too high or the oven is hot on the bottom--every oven has it's issues--I would put an insulated cookie sheet under the cheesecake or even a regular sheet pan. If it's still a problem, I would use two pans. One for the crust, and then bake the filling in another. When the filling is done, slide it onto the crust. (This is how I do lemon meringue) Faye Delicious, http://dinnerlist.com/