🔕 🔔

Meyer lemon cheesecake crust sticking to pan

Directions state prepare springform bottom and make crust- I had difficulty in keeping crust with cheesecake when serving. I did butter bottom and side of pan. What could I do to make it come out in one piece. I want to make this dessert in two days for book club since it is very delicious. Thanks.

asked by mks2643 over 3 years ago

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I would put a round of parchment in next time - guaranteed easy release!

48361945 4c0d 4900 a4fb fead7055d98f  stringio

In addition to parchment, be sure your crust has enough moisture in it to hold together and press down moderately on the crust across the springform before adding the filling

0a62c55f 38bb 4f00 aefc 1de6685070d9  stringio

Don't forget to butter underneath and the surface of the parchment disc.

If you add an extra ounce of melted butter to your crust mixture, it will do better at sticking together, not to the bottom of the pan.