beer bread recipe

i have a very easy beer bread recipe that has 5 ingredients: flour, sugar,baking powder, salt and beer. the problem is, i don't like the taste of beer. i wonder what i can sub for the beer. i assume the yeast and carbonation are helping with the rising and texture. what else would do the same thing?

asked by mcd2 almost 7 years ago

Rachel Sanders

You could probably use club soda, but it would lack the complexity of the bread made with beer. Do you dislike all beer? Using something malty or a smooth amber ale might keep the bread from being too "beery" or hoppy and could also give the bread some interesting caramel notes.

BakerRB

Beer bread doesn't really taste strongly of beer. Use a bland beer and you should be fine with the taste. Bud, corona, TJ's simpler times --- a lager.

Why do you want to sub for the beer when it is the ingredient that makes this recipe what it is? I would just look for another simple quick bread more to my preferences.