egg replacement for all cooking, due to allergy any ideas.

asked by magpie about 8 years ago

Mr_Vittles

You can buy faux eggs in a carton. It is a suitable replacement, but sorry to say nothing will compare to the wonderful. edible, egg.

nutcakes

Ener-G egg replacer
http://www.ener-g.com/faq-egg-replacer

mtrelaun

Ener-G egg replacer works well for cookies since cookies are meant to be flat, but it's not so great for brownies or cake which generally get most of their fluffy airiness from eggs. You might want to look into some vegan cookbooks -- they usually have interesting combinations of ingredients to mimic the effect that eggs produce (soy milk + vinegar is one such trick.) Check out Isa Chandra Moskowitz's books. Good luck!