I need a spice cake with Brown Sugar Icing

This is for a nostalgia gift, where the favorite icing was Penuche. I'm also constrained by having to only provide a small portion (though I can keep the rest), So I ws thinking a mini bunt pan as I have a set. But I have to do a glaze? Recipes needed.

asked by nutcakes almost 7 years ago

How about this one? http://www.food52.com/recipes... It's divine, and you could easily halve it or split the batter up among smaller pans.

hekawi

I've always wondered how to pronounce "penuche." (Am I the only one??) Anyone care to write it out phonetically for me? BTW, the Faulkner family caramel icing recipe sounds FAB!

Dona

Puh noo chee
I looked it up because I've also wondered how to pronounce it.

http://www.food52.com/recipes... Looks like this was made for your desires!

nutcakes

Thanks Merrill and SKK, made one from a blog that was nearly identical to SKK's. Penuche frosting is really delicious--sweet but so buttery. I'll try the Faulknerian one next time.