🔕 🔔

I baked some mini quiches but the pastry didn't brown very well. Should I reheat them in or out of their pans to increase the browning?

asked by allyeats over 5 years ago

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I have never tried it but my gut says out of the pan ...

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

yes, def out of the pans. lay down a sheet of alum foil on their tops to keep them from over-browning but let high heat circulate around the outsides of the crust. Alway bet to pre-bake pie crusts before filling them.that's really the only way they will cook through and not be raw and/or soggy.

78a5dc8c 9bf5 4635 ab20 ecc3953aa5a8  me in grey dress

Thanks, y'all!

Next time, bake your crusts part way before filling them. This will prevent your problem.