I baked some mini quiches but the pastry didn't brown very well. Should I reheat them in or out of their pans to increase the browning?

asked by allyeats about 6 years ago

I have never tried it but my gut says out of the pan ...

LE BEC FIN

yes, def out of the pans. lay down a sheet of alum foil on their tops to keep them from over-browning but let high heat circulate around the outsides of the crust. Alway bet to pre-bake pie crusts before filling them.that's really the only way they will cook through and not be raw and/or soggy.

allyeats

Thanks, y'all!

Next time, bake your crusts part way before filling them. This will prevent your problem.