🔕 🔔

Skimmed fat from oxtail stew broth. Hate to throw it away...any ideas what I can use it for?

asked by coralwisp almost 6 years ago

Just guessing here, but I wonder if it would be good in refried beans? Or, if not, to use when cooking dried beans (I always use a dollop or drizzle of some kind of fat, olive oil, lard, etc). Is it salted?

A7132580 ab6d 4637 9b1a ed4f3f514400  scplogoblog

Oxtail fat = beef fat = suet. This is a treasured source of nourishing fat, very flavorful, use it it make a crust for a beefy empanada (or other beefy) pie. If you are feeling generous toward nature, suet is often used for birdfeeders too!