🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Crustless Mushroom Cheese Quiche how much mushrooms are required?

5e95ff36 a18b 46a4 9605 26e08b875ede  img 0496

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Crustless Mushroom Cheese Quiche" from Debbie Lawson. It says:

"Cheese note: I use about 8 oz. of shredded cheese combined from 1/3 regular Cougar Gold cheddar, 1/3 gruyere and 1/3 comte. If you can find aged Cougar Gold cheddar from Costco (comes in 1 lb. can) or other cheddar that's on the sweeter and nuttier nuttier side, then you only need 8 oz. of that one cheese."

asked by Lizgatt over 5 years ago

You didn't state the actual quetion or it cut off, but go with your instincts since Debbie isn't around. Another cheese choice might be the cost efficient and surprising delicious cheddar/gruyere blend that Trader Joe's carries. It is great for all melting applications.

I'm confused now. Your header has a different question than the body. She calls for 8 oz of mushrooms. I'm guessing that is 2 heaping cups, sliced.