Use of 'Herbes Salees'?

Just came across a recipe with Herbes Salees. It says it's a Quebecois seasoning. Has anyone used this salted fresh herb/veg blend? What is it like? What does it add? Thanks.

asked by Queen of Spoons over 7 years ago

Herbes Salees can be added to soups, omelettes, sauces, beans, stews. It is also easy to make at home. It is usually 1 cup chervil, 1 cup parsley, 1 cup onions, 1 cup grated carrots, 1 cup celery leaves with salt sprinkled between the layers and put in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks.

It is wonderful with French or Mediterranean recipes.

I have a bad habit of sharing an answer to a question and then thinking of something else - sorry. I make a vegetable bouillon that goes into the freezer that is kind of like Herbes Salees and I just use what sounds good. The recipe comes from
http://www.101cookbooks...