Do avocados freeze well?

I have a box of avocados that I can't finish before they go bad. Do they freeze well? Do I need to do anything special to them?

asked by Meatballs&Milkshakes almost 7 years ago

Pureed avocados freeze well if you include an acidic agent, lime or lemon juice, when you are pureeing them.
Best results with pureed, not cut, mashed, whole or chopped.

nutcakes

Meanwhile, place in the refigerator to retard ripening. Separate if possible.

MTMitchell

Thank you for asking and answering this question. I have always wondered, and will now waste avocados no more!

RobertaJ

They'll be fine if you want them for guacamole or sauces. The texture doesn't survive for use as slices or chunks, like in salads or sandwiches. Peel, seed and coat with lemon/lime juice, then put the halves into a zippy bag. But again, don't expect firm, satiny avocado slices when thawed.