A question about a recipe: Cheese Biscuits

2109e55e e792 4d2a abc8 037c91e1884c  041911f 147

I have a question about the recipe "Cheese Biscuits" from merrill.Can you make the biscuits ahead, refrig and bake latter or cook and reheat?

asked by Carol Jane over 6 years ago

I'm not Merrill, and I haven't made her Cheese Biscuits, but I have been baking biscuits for centuries. They respond very well to being made up earlier in the day, refrigerated then baked just before you want to serve them.

I have made this recipe several times and another option, one that I have done is bake and freeze. ChefJune is an expert and its good to know that the unbaked dough could probably be made ahead and refrigerated, I only say probably because as ChefJune pointed out Merrill is the author. I bake, let cool and freeze what I don't use and that works well also.