A question about a recipe: Cheese Biscuits

2109e55e e792 4d2a abc8 037c91e1884c  041911f 147

I have a question about the recipe "Cheese Biscuits" from merrill.Can you make the biscuits ahead, refrig and bake latter or cook and reheat?

asked by Carol Jane over 6 years ago

I'm not Merrill, and I haven't made her Cheese Biscuits, but I have been baking biscuits for centuries. They respond very well to being made up earlier in the day, refrigerated then baked just before you want to serve them.

I have made this recipe several times and another option, one that I have done is bake and freeze. ChefJune is an expert and its good to know that the unbaked dough could probably be made ahead and refrigerated, I only say probably because as ChefJune pointed out Merrill is the author. I bake, let cool and freeze what I don't use and that works well also.

You'll Want to Eat These Soy Sauce Eggs with Everything

Game changed.

Momofuku's Famed Soy Sauce Eggs

From filling salads to warming soups, we've got you covered.

Easy Lunch Ideas

A weeknight slam dunk.

Miso Butter Skillet Chicken

Get Set for the Best

And why Sunday is, hands down, the best day of the week.

American Expat Life in Paris