🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Soy Corn Bread

663ee1a8 19ef 4cbc 98e4 4327a19bfafc  dscn3410

I have a question about the ingredient "Soy pulp Okara" on the recipe "Soy Corn Bread" from Gita. Is there a substitute for the okara? I have recipes which use it, but no source for the crucial ingredient.

asked by susan g almost 6 years ago

I went to Google and found several site with recipe suggestions. Good Luck

My bad, I didn't read your question correctly. Good Luck anyway.

D6706402 eb96 499d a671 b2e90db25df9  bike2

I read that you could drain and press tofu overnight, then crumble it as a subsitute: Here is a link to more info about it.
http://www.cooksinfo.com...
You can also find videos for making your own okara online if you wanted-
http://www.ifood.tv/recipe...
But I wonder if you could find it at an Asian market?

and I can't type today: substitute. Anyway hope the suggestions help. If I find some my way, I will pick some up for you!

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

This has brought me back to considering soymilk making, which (as the headnote of the recipe says) results in okara. Start soaking soybeans!