A question about a recipe: Soy Corn Bread

663ee1a8 19ef 4cbc 98e4 4327a19bfafc  dscn3410

I have a question about the ingredient "Soy pulp Okara" on the recipe "Soy Corn Bread" from Gita. Is there a substitute for the okara? I have recipes which use it, but no source for the crucial ingredient.

asked by susan g almost 7 years ago

the redhead

I went to Google and found several site with recipe suggestions. Good Luck

the redhead

My bad, I didn't read your question correctly. Good Luck anyway.

Sagegreen

I read that you could drain and press tofu overnight, then crumble it as a subsitute: Here is a link to more info about it.
http://www.cooksinfo.com/okara
You can also find videos for making your own okara online if you wanted-
http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/how-to-make-okara
But I wonder if you could find it at an Asian market?

Sagegreen

and I can't type today: substitute. Anyway hope the suggestions help. If I find some my way, I will pick some up for you!

This has brought me back to considering soymilk making, which (as the headnote of the recipe says) results in okara. Start soaking soybeans!