recipes without photos

What do folks think about posting recipes without photos? I haven't submitted recipes because I do not usually take pictures of food I cook or, in many cases, they are great recipes that I haven't made recently. I personally don't look at recipes that don't have pictures to accompany them unless I'm cooking from a trusted cookbook I use often (and even then I really don't like not having them). Wondering what others think.

asked by ATG117 over 6 years ago

I've posted a few without photos because either I made something someplace where I did not have my camera, or because it got eaten before I could photograph it. I always intend to go back and re-make it so as to take and post a photo, but right now the Add a Photo function to an already-posted recipe isn't working. I don't think of myself as an especially good food photographer either, but the way to get better at something is to do it ;0)

lorigoldsby

After almost a year on this site, if it's a new recipe, before my husband takes a bite, he says, "Do I need to wait until you take a picture?" LOL

Panfusine

I usually take pics of all my recipes as well as those I test for community picks, but then, I'm a crazy blogger, its become a habit

I haven't posted photos with my (few) posted recipes because I haven't learned how! Only one has a photo, taken by a friend.

Of course, then the question is, do people look at recipes with photos more than those without?
(The stock photos, by the way, are really nice.)

Bevi

Like boulangere I sometimes do not think to take a photo, or cook away from home but do not have the where-with-all to use my iPhone to take a shot, or in some cases I post a recipe that I trust to be good enough because it is in my regular or occasional rotation, but have not made at that moment when I submit it. I hate it when a day later I think to myself, "Why didn't I take a photo?" Oh well.

I do a combination. Sometimes I post a tried and true recipe that I don't have a photo for. (I'm not a very good photographer and only recently even thought about photographing what I cook.) I just did that for my lemon chicken. And then I made it this weekend but I can't post a photo, oh well. Sometimes I photograph the whole process and post the least terrible ones. I think people do look more at the recipes with photos, but the editors frequently choose recipes that don't have photos, so I don't think it makes much of a difference to them.