Can I substitute wax paper for parchment paper to bake cookies?

asked by Maryann13 over 6 years ago

I wouldn't. Instead I'd grease the baking sheets.

Your house will smell like burning candles, and your cookies will taste like them.

Savorykitchen

Agreed. Wax paper isnt intended for that kind of high heat exposure. That said, I do us it to line cake pans when the paper will be covered completely by batter and not directly exposed to the oven's heat.

Cam Tucker

DO NOT USE waxpaper as parchment paper. The coating will melt and ruin your food!

angiegeyser

No! Wax paper is not oven safe and will smoke and burn in your oven.

PistachioDoughnut

No way! I did a silly mistake few weeks ago..by baking potato puffs onto wax paper because i didn't have parchment paper and didn't wish to grease it with cooking spray or butter..never is the answer..