🔕 🔔

cioppino

I'm thinking of making cioppino for a dinner party this weekend and was trying to think of ideas for a substantive side or two (preferably non-meat and non-poultry) to go with the main dish.

Does anyone have any ideas?

asked by Yiota about 6 years ago

Polenta goes amazing with cioppino!! And it's hearty enough that you only need a small bit underneath all the seafood and it with soak up the juices wonderfully. Throw a bit of sharp cheddar or smoked Gouda to enhance the polenta.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Rice is a good side dish ... You can dress it up with some veg for color. I serve rice with roasted grape tomato with cataplana, for example.

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

Cioppino is an American dish which probably has its origin in the ciuppin of Genoa. So think Ligurian, maybe pasta (trofie) with pesto.

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I grill some good bread to slop in the juice, make a salad, grab some wine - and that is dinner!!!