How can you use tuna cans as ring molds?

I wanted to use them, but there doesn't seem to be a way to remove the bottom? Why do people say to use them. Am I missing something?

pieceocake
pieceocake January 25, 2012

I usually turn them over and open the bottom as I would the top, with a can opener. An electric can opener or the kind that removes part of the can rather than merely the lid probably will work the best. I then place them in the dishwasher--sometimes twice, and I'm good to go.

Voted the Best Reply!

Sam1148 January 25, 2012

You can't with most of the popular brands of tuna, they have a round bottom you can't use a can opener on.

Pineapple cans have the traditional lip at the bottom of the can.

nutcakes
nutcakes January 26, 2012

Tks, stupid me, I needed someone to tell me what was right in front of my face. Well no crumpets for me.

bigpan
bigpan January 26, 2012

I have a collection of many different size cans, opened both ends of course and have probably saved a hundred dollars by not buying the kitchen store ones. Walk the aisles of your supermarket and buy as you need.