Puff pastry

I have one sheet of puff pastry in the freezer. What are some was to use it?

asked by angiegeyser almost 7 years ago

Tina Z

Cut squares and place over a cup of bisque or a stewed chicken and back until golden for a delightful en croutes

PistachioDoughnut

http://www.food52.com/recipes..., you can make these mini pizza

Brain Health Kitchen

Brush with melted butter, and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Roll up like a jelly roll, slice and bake: Elephant Ears! (My kids call then Owl Eyes)

davidpdx

Breadsticks: sprinkle finely grated parmesan on your work surface; put pastry sheet on top; sprinkle with more cheese and roll to embed the cheese in the dough. Cut into 12 inch by 1/2 inch strips; twist strips and lay on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake.

Stuffed Pinwheels: Make some sort of savory filling, like caramelized onions with chopped prosciutto; sauteed mushroom duxelles with garlic;; whatever strikes your fancy. Roll out pastry; spread filling on top; roll up into log shape; cut crosswise into 1/2 inch slices. Bake on parchment lined sheet.

Make the Food52 Asparagus, Zucchini, and Ricotta Tart: by Burnt Offerings: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

foidivin

Use as an appetizer with tomato, basil and mozzarella. Or top with egg and sausage for breakfast.

dinner at sheila's

Ina Garten (The Barefoort Contessa) makes a fantastic French apple tart. Here's the link to her recipe. http://www.foodnetwork... Substitute the puff pastry sheet for her homemade puff pastry and follow the rest of the directions. It is so simple, looks so professional, and tastes wonderful.. I have made it with apples or pears. Everyone loves it! Don't skimp on the butter or sugar.