🔕 🔔

Pizza Crust

I have ricotta whey left over and wondered (after the fact) about substituting it for water in a pizza dough recipe - Any reason why it wouldn't work? If it's a terrible idea, I still have time to make the dough recipe again.

asked by LLStone over 5 years ago

783b5334 3415 40c6 8994 2245307bc4b2  img 0036

Thanks boulangere! The dough turned out to be very good. It was a little tougher to knead and shape into pizza. We had to seriously roll it (we build our pizzas outside on a table because it is so messy to make 6-8 pizzas), but the dough rolled out beautifully after some hard coaxing. It was thin, bubbly and very tasty, with a little more character than dough w/ water. I used bread flour for the pizza dough - just fyi.