🔕 🔔

Ricotta & garlic scapes on pizza?

I'm going to make a ricotta & garlic scape pizza, but trying to decide between putting whole scapes on or making a pesto and drizzling it over the ricotta.. What would you do?

asked by lizzyinthekitchen over 4 years ago

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

I would make garlic scape pesto and use that on the pizza. With ricotta - sounds delicious!

I'll politely disagree on the ricotta, altough the garlic scape pesto sounds like a fine idea. But ricotta is just not a great pizza cheese because you should be firing the pizza in a super hot oven and ricotta can be returning into liquid before you know it. Fresh mozzarella works as does a low moisture mozza. I prefer the former. You could of course top with ricotta when it comes out of the oven.

68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

I make pizza all the time. I think your ingredients sounds delicious! I'd go with the garlic scape pesto instead of whole scapes. Crumble the ricotta cheese on the pizza after it comes out of the oven. Enjoy!

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I agree that the pesto is a great idea and use ricotta all the time to make a white pizza and with the pesto it will be wonderful.

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

I have been using ricotta directly on grilled pizzas and it's great.