🔕 🔔

Veg. Stock

Making veg. stock in the pressure cooker. Had the gasket in wrong and most of liquid escaped. I've fixed the gasket. May I use the same veg that's in there? Or must I start from scratch?

asked by Robert B over 5 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

The question is do the vegetables have anything in the way of flavor left to give? Taste them and see.

I would keep what you already have, add more vegetables and liquid and build it up again.

SKK & HeritageCook: Vegetables still had good flavor, so I just added more water and re-processed. It came out fine. I'm sure it would have been better if I added more vegetables, but I don't think the quality was compromised more than a tiny bit. Thanks!