🔕 🔔

Does anyone have any great pressure cooker recipes? I got one for Christmas, and I'd love to start using it!

asked by Cara Rosaen over 4 years ago

Flirty Foodie

I got one a few weeks ago. And I'm all about. Any my husband may love it even more... Octopus salad, minestrone, oh and I do have my pasta and fagioli soup on my blog ... it's http://flirtyfoodie.com...

Flirty Foodie

Did I says weeks, meant to say months...

MTMitchell

We love ours and I make anything that requires braising or a long time to cook -- our favorites are short ribs, lamb shanks and chili with dried beans. I use the recipe booklet and the internet for guidance on timing but basically I use the same recipe I would otherwise. Sometimes the sauce might need to reduce and my husband swears that pressure cooler chili is spicier than stovetop chili (is that even plausible? I never notice a difference), but those are about the only challenges I've found. Come to think of it, I don't use canned beans much anymore because it's easy to do them in the pressure cooker. Also these recipes looked good -- http://mobile.nytimes.com...

There are some recipes/links and related ideas in this thread:
http://food52.com/blog...
;o)

kimhw

I have been using mine for years. But I just created a new recipe last night/ today.

Pork shoulder, three chopped onions, three diced apples, one large chopped carrot, cumin, mustard powder, salt and pepper. With 3 cups chicken stock in the slow cooker all day.
Take out the pork, use blender to purée the juices and cooked veg with extra mustard.
Server mash potatoes with pulled pork and lots of yummy sauce.
I have a three year old who is very picky, an eleven year old who thinks he is a fine dining critic and a husband who thinks he married a five star chef. And everyone raved. Love those nights!!!!

sfmiller

The Hip Pressure Cooking website is a good resource for all things PC.

http://www.hippressurecooking...

I use mine regularly, but other than the occasional risotto or stew I don't often use it to make dishes from start to finish. When using ingredients with different cooking times, I find it a pain to de-pressure, de-lid, add new ingredients, and re-lid and return to pressure. And you can't see what's going on inside.

But as others have noted, it's great for braising tough cuts of meat, octopus, and similar ingredients; for cooking dried beans and grains that take forever to cook in an open pot (unsoaked pintos to tender cooked beans in about 30 minutes, start to finish); and especially for making stock (really good chicken stock in about 35 minutes, start to finish, and beef stock in about 2 hours, including bone-roasting time).

mainecook61

The Cooks Illustrated series has one on the pressure cooker and it is excellent. I had to review it and so tried a number of the recipes.