🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Leek and Greens Tart with Cornmeal Crust

Dcee718d 66da 4239 b314 20103ea37703  img 8135

Can this tart be made as a galette using a regular pie crust? I wasn't sure if the filling would be too heavy.

asked by Hope216 over 5 years ago

C4b35b3e a030 4605 bcae f5a7ba4644f4  sausage2
fiveandspice

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

It definitely could be made as a galette. The filling is very thick, so it won't run all over the place. It may be a little much filling for a standard size galette crust, so you may want to make a slightly large one (like 1 and 1/2 a recipe, for example).

I appreciate your reply! I just realized that the recipe asks for the tart crust to be par baked-- how would I do this with a galette? Should I just skip this part?