🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Orange Ricotta Pillows with Lillet Kumquat Compote

8df5eb31 755a 402d b66d 7899e12d00a5  food52 01 24 12 0901

I have a question about the ingredient "seeds from 6 cardamom pods, crushed with a mortar and pestle" on the recipe "Orange Ricotta Pillows with Lillet Kumquat Compote" from ChezSuzanne.

asked by Nan over 5 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Per the Cook's Thesaurus 1 cardamom pod yields 1/6 teaspoon cardamom. I'd probably add a teaspoon of cardamom powder, and add more to taste if needed toward the end of cooking the compote.

Bc343245 99fb 4d2b 8579 9bf9c485181e  me

Hi nll! What's the question? Happy to help if I can.

Thanks HLA! Just saw this. If you're looking for the pods, I used green ones, NOT black ones. Very different in flavor. Each pod had about 10 - 12 tiny seeds. Crushed, they came to closer to 1/4 teaspoon, so I'd probably start with that and then add more to taste at the end. Just to be safe.